Tuesday 4 October 2011

Resident artist David Stanier is a Busy, Busy, Bee!

David has sold quite a few paintings over the past few months! He told us "the most nervous part of a sale I think, is the feedback I receive. I've received brilliant comments, so I'm very happy that they where happy! I've also sold two more pieces, these have a little more story behind them".


The First Big Step by David Stanier


First up was his latest piece The First Big Step. We contacted David to get a very high quality picture of his painting as it is going to be featured in the October 2011 edition of Summerset Life Magazine. He was over joyed by this and went to a friend who owned a decent camera. Whilst they where taking pictures of the painting his friend decided there and then to buy the painting! David was shocked, but he wasn’t going to say no and it now hangs proudly on his living room wall, as it was a box canvas there was no need to wait for a frame.

You're Not Alone by David Stanier


David went on to tell us "Second, but to me more important, to me anyway, was the sale of You’re Not Alone. I donated this piece to a charity organisation called Fat Fluffs it is a rabbit rescue centre. As I am an animal lover, mainly rabbits, I was more than willing to help. It fetched a nice amount of £170.00 I couldn’t be more happy! It’s a win, win situation, someone get a piece of art they like and the bunnies get some pennies! Brilliant!"

For more information on this charity please click on the logo below.












No comments:

Post a Comment