Sunday 17 July 2011

Peter Smith - Blogging The ImPossiMaL: A Visitor

Resident artist David W L Stanier spending the day with artist Peter Smith

David W L Stanier  paid a visit to `The ImPossiMal` artist Peter Smith at his studio where David was to gain  valuable knowledge and techniques for his future creations. Peter Smith said "I always said that I would always be open with my techniques, quite often when I was learning the most noticeable thing was the lack of information that fellow artists would divulge to budding artists. I never really understood this attitude and I always said to myself if I get a chance to be in that position I would always give of myself and techniques freely to whoever needed them". Peter was pleased to welcome to his studio our resident artist David Stanier,  http://www.davidstanierart.co.uk/David_Stanier_Art/Welcome.html ) for a day`s learning of painting and techniques.


David entranced in his painting of an apple


Peter stated "we tried many things out, finally finishing with a speed painting of an apple using restricted colours, the time went so quickly too.  A great chap and thoroughly enjoyable day all round. Maybe I'll do it again in the future"

No comments:

Post a Comment